Thursday 18 December 2014

Goodiebox - Christmas Box 2014

Kia Ora!

Today we are taking a brief break from the ongoing onslaught of Memebox, and checking out the Christmas Goodiebox! I was blown away by last years version, and absolutely had to have this box. Let's see if it was worth it? 

(Full disclosure here: I've cancelled my subscription prior to this box, but I wanted to see if Goodiebox were able to make a comeback from the seriously average boxes they've had for the last few months). 



Non-spoiler link picture. Boring, but thoughtful!


The contents! The box was really heavy, and I am in love with the purple tissue paper. Looking good so far!


Elegant Touch Nail Wraps - 18 wraps

Regular readers will know I am not a nails person. However, I can appreciate that these are cute, and will make the perfect addition to the Christmas present of a nail-obsessed friend.

RRP: $13
Full size.


De Lorenzo Tricho Sensitive Shampoo and Conditioner 30ml each

This little combo came wrapped in the stripy bag, and looked adorable. The card claims that these are full size, but I think they are more likely to be sample sizes. I might get 3-4 uses out of these, but someone with thick hair would probably only get 1-2. I'm happy to try out a new haircare brand, but disagree with the full size claim!

RRP: $8.60 each
Full size (debatable).


Australis Eye Pencil - Olive

I'm not excited about this. I don't use eye pencils often and am less likely to use a funky colour. Luckily, Christmas gifts will be bulked up. I can see the value of this in this box, but it's not for me.

RRP: $14
Full size.

Mode Cosmetics Nail Enamel 15ml

Once again, not a product I'll use myself. My sister will love this though. She is at high school, and the house she is in is represented by the blue colour so I can see her wearing this a whole bunch next year.

RRP: $4
Full size.


Pureology Precious Oil

I got this in a Her Fashion Box months and months ago. I hated it then, and am not excited to see it now. It doesn't really do anything for hair, but it does have a delicious caramel scent. At least Her Fashion Box included the shampoo and conditioner with it! Not impressed Goodiebox.

RRP: $43 (full size 120ml)
Sample size (30ml): $10.75


Glamourflage Amazing Grace Massage Lotion 125ml

The card says this is an oil, but it isn't. Other than the spelling mistake, I'm happy with this product. It is a full size, the lotion is light and smells delicious, and I'm excited to try it out. I don't know that it will get use as a "massage oil - perfect for a spot of seduction," but I'm sure I can use this on my legs after a shower!

RRP: $22.95
Full size.


Glamourflage Vera Vamp Body Cream 250ml

This is one thick cream! It smells divine, and I am tempted to put it on right now, just to keep the scent fresh. Mmmmmm. This is one product I am very excited to have, and that's saying something. I am the queen of not moisturising my body so my instant like of this cream must mean it is good!

RRP: $36
Full size.


Teez Desert Sheer Lipstick - Bloodstone Burgandy

Goodiebox have been making a big deal out of having Teez in their boxes, and I must say this lippy looks great. It's a colour I'm not that comfortable wearing, but is just enough to push me out of my comfort zone. I have been wearing it everywhere! The formula is lovely, particularly as it feels more like a lip balm than a lipstick. It keeps my lips moisturised and feeling great. I don't even need to mention how cool the packaging is, I'm sure you've figured that out already.

RRP: $36
Full size.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total value of the box: $153.90. I paid $50 for it so the value is certainly there. 

Well, I'm not blown away by the box. It is certainly a step up, but not the best I've ever had. Although having the BR box arrive in the same week probably wasn't fair to Goodiebox

I do appreciate that it is a fairly well-rounded box. It has makeup, body lotion, hair care, and nails. It is lacking in skincare, but I can forgive that as the lipstick and Glamourflage products make up for it. There does seem to be an overabundance of Glamourflage and Teez products in Goodieboxes recently, but there haven't been any double ups so far. I think this box would be amazing if I was more interested in makeup or nails. 

I do really like the Teez and Glamourflage products, so the value of the box for me personally is there too. I'm not sure I can recommend it exactly, but I am not as disappointed in this box as I have been in the normal subscription recently. And their customer service is top-notch (or I've always had a top-notch experience). 

I might watch the next few months, and think about re-subscribing. 

What did you guys think of this box? Would it be worth it for you? 

Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment