Monday 12 January 2015

Project 10 Pan - Can I do this?

Kia Ora!

New year, new resolutions. I've put myself on a no-buy for January (which is a heart-wrenching exercise in self-control), and has so far been successful. I've also decided to do a Project Pan for the next few months, as a way of working through the products I already own. 

This first post will detail the products I've chosen to attempt to finish. My end date will be the last day of April. I'm making it this long so I have a chance to actually finish the majority of the products. I've never done anything like this before, so I'm going to give myself plenty of time to try and do it properly. I've marked blue lines on the products to mark where they are currently up to, and will re-draw lines at each update. 

I'm doing a total of 13 products, of a rather wide variety. I have mostly skincare products, ones which are part of my usual routine, but a couple of random products too. Read on to find out what I'm aiming to finish!



Pacifica Skincare Green Fig Hand and Body Lotion

I have an overload of hand creams, and body lotions, and body butters. I need to start making my way through them. This one I got for my birthday (6 months ago) and I'm going to try getting through this one first. It smells delicious, and does a great job moisturising. It isn't overly greasy (my pet hate of lotions and creams), so I'm excited to use this every day for the next couple of months - if it lasts that long.


Nivea Double Effect Anti-Perspirant

Everyone uses deoderant of some description (or I like to hope they do), so this seemed like a good inclusion. I have a couple of back-ups on hand, and feel like I need to work through the ones I have open. I have one in my bag which I prefer, and this glass one tends to be eschewed in favour of other open deoderants. This is my public declaration that I will be finishing this one, or at least I will be giving it a good go.


Hair Salon Concentrated Vita-Clinic Professional Formula

This is a Memebox product (from the Rapunzel box if I remember correctly). I've been using it a lot, and needed a guarantee for this project to be honest. Something easy, that I can feel great about once I've finished it. I've got a few other hair treatments I'm dying to try, but I tend to only have one open at a time. My reward for finishing this one is being able to try out the hair BB cream I received in the Beauty Review box.


Ariel Spa Water 24 Hour Moisturizing Mist

I use this in my nightly routine, and it seems to just be a spray. It's lovely in summer, as it can be nice and cooling. I'm going to try using this throughout the day as a cooling mist. I've been using this product for months, and am getting a wee bit sick of it to be honest. I got it in a Memebox ages ago, and it's a nice mist (although any results are probably negligible). I'm hoping to make a significant dent, if not finish this one.


Deweytree Teatree Porest Powder in Toner

This is my toner at the moment. It is lovely, although it has powder in it, which is a bit weird. I like using it, and use it twice a day. It feels great on my face. The reason it is in this Project Pan is another guarantee for me. I have decided to put in a few guarantees, especially as some of the other products will be quite hard to get through.


Skinfood Breast Cream

I am loving this cream! I was lucky enough to get it from the BR box, after lusting after it for months. I've been using it semi-regularly (read: once or twice a week when  I remember), and love it. The cream is delicious smelling, almost an orange/citrus scent, and sinks in wonderfully. I used it on my legs one day, and it was great! I already have a backup of this, so I'm not going to run out anytime soon.


Glamourflage Halo Helen Facial Cleanser

This one was from a Goodiebox (from back in August). It smells like delicious apples. I have an overabundance of cleansers, so I'm hoping to motivate myself in finishing this one. I'm loving the apple smell, but not so keen on the cream formula. Full review once I finish the product.


Nivea Daily Essentials Extra Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

I was a bit nervous about adding in any makeup at all to this first Project Pan, so this is my compromise. In order to use this up, I need to be wearing makeup more often, which will in turn use this when I need to get mascara or other eye products off. I will be putting aside my Banila Co. Clean It Zero for now, and will try very hard to finish up this makeup remover instead.


Moisture Mist Moisturising Emulsion

This is another thing from the BR box (popular in what I'm currently using it seems), and looks to be one of the harder things to finish for me. It's still mostly full, and I am not using a heck of a lot at a time. I'm not hugely in love with this. I've been using it as a day moisturiser, and if I use too much then my skin is greasy all day. I might try adding this into my night routine and finding a different day moisturiser.


Tosowoong Timeshift Emulsion

This one is from the Whole Grains 2 Memebox, and I love it. It has snails in it (all of the snails must get on my face), I've been using this religiously, and it doesn't seem to make a dent in the amount left in the bottle. This is in the Project Pan mostly to see how fast I use up the emulsion, although I'm not overly optimistic at using it all up. It's a great product though, and if anyone wants a lovely emulsion you should check it out.


Schwarzkopf Instant Hair Filling Serum

Another product from the BR box. Geez, I hadn't realised I was using so many products from the one box. Clearly I liked it, and am excited to see what the March one brings. If that isn't an indication I should stay subscribed to it, then I don't know what is. I've been using it in damp hair after a shower, and can see huge results. I should be able to finish this, I think.


Olive Hand Moisturising Cream

I am at full hand cream saturation. I have one at work, one at home, another in the kitchen, another in my handbag. They are everywhere. This is the one beside my bed, and I'm sick of it. It's ok, but doesn't smell amazing (or bad) and does an average job. However, I want to try out some others and should finish this one first. So into the Project Pan it goes.


Bonjour Jolie Natural Cherry Lip Balm

This is from a subscription box I had before I began the blog. Bonjour Jolie does a period subscription box, and it was pretty awesome. International shipping is a killer though, so I only got the one last year. This lip balm is really lovely, lives beside my bed, and smells fantastic. I take forever to use up lip balm (I'm not sure I ever have), so I want to give it a go. I've made a mark in the side of the stick, which measures two of the cap lengths. I wasn't sure how else to measure this, so we'll see how this experiment goes. 

There you go guys. This is pretty much one big experiment for me, and I'm keen to clear out some of these products. Project Pan is the trendy thing to do after New Years (and all those resolutions), so I'm going to give it a go. I'm more interested in if I can do this, rather than how fast I can do this. I'll be doing monthly updates so you all can follow along too. 

Let me know if you have any thoughts below in the comments.

Until next time ...


No comments:

Post a Comment