Monday 11 May 2015

Tea with Alice April 2015

Kia Ora!

It's that time of the month again ... the time where I have an actual excuse to drink copious amounts of tea. April's Tea with Alice has arrived, and I'm very excited to see what goodies I will be drinking this month. It did arrive on time, but I am a bit late putting this post up. My apologies to all my readers, but real life got extremely busy and it just didn't happen last week.


There was no strawberry tea strainer, or branded bag, this month. Those goodies are for the first subscription only, but I'm more excited to see what kinds of tea I have. They look so good, and I can't wait to try them out.


Cup of Compassion

Liquorice, along with lemon myrtle's anti-viral properties, will help ease the voice and lift the SOUL. 

Ingredients: Lemon grass, lemon myrtle, lemon peel, hibiscus, liquorice and spearmint. 

Steep for 3-5 mins at 95C. 100% organic and caffeine free. 

This tea smells like a perfect blend of lemon and mint, and the description makes it sound perfect for the winter months when catching colds is just about a guarantee. I love the way this tea looks, all hard edges and stick-y. I can't wait to try it out, but I might save it until I have a cold or sore throat as it sounds effective for those situations.


Restore Yourself

Aids in getting oxygen to where it's needed in the body, helping in the rejuvenation of damaged cells. 

Ingredients: Herb Robert, ginkgo, gotu kola, ashwgande, oat straw, rose root, peppermint, thyme, and rose petals. 

Steep 3-5 mins at 95C. 100% organic and caffeine free.

The description makes this tea sound like a miracle cure, and I don't recognise half of the ingredients. I'm really not sure what to make of it. It smells (and tastes) strongly of peppermint, but I'm not really that keen on it. I think I'll pass this one on, as it's not my cup of tea (I'm so punny sometimes).


Top of the Town

Do you love Assam tea? And why wouldn't you? Assam tea, most of which is grown at or near sea level, is known for its body, briskness, malty flavour, and strong, bright colour. Yum! We've sourced you the very best from one of the top estates in the Assam region. You'll be toasting the TOP OF THE TOWN with this in your tea cup. 

Ingredients: Assam tea from the Dejoo Estate (one of the top 10 estates in the Assam growing region). This tea is full of golden tips and produces rich red liquor. Full bodied and malty with a definite fruity, sweet note, and a fragrance of freshly stewed apples. The flavour is very smooth and sweet on its own but also works well with milk.

Steep for 3 mins at 100C. Organic. Contains Caffeine.

I think the person writing the description/ingredients got confused about which section was which, which details were important, and how repetition is unnecessary in such a short piece of writing. Other than that, I'm excited to try this tea. I would like clarification on where the Assam region is (since it was mentioned twice), but this tea smells divine. It smells strong and full-bodied, and I'm intrigued at the prospect of freshly stewed apples. I can't wait to try this one out.


Boom! Shake the Room

Here's a tea to get you dancin' in your kitchen!

Ingredients: This tea is grown in the highlands of Papua New Guinea and is rich, robust with dark chocolate notes.

Steep at 100C for 3 minutes. Add milk if desired. Contains caffeine.

Once again, the ingredients aren't informative in the right way. I love knowing that this tea is sourced from Papua New Guinea, but I want to know what type (or types) of tea are in this packet. It smells less strong than the Top of the Town tea, but smells delicious. It's probably getting boring to hear, but I can't wait to try this tea out.

Another exciting month of tea! I am excited by the variety of tea that has been provided, and the black teas both look extra delicious. I'm hoping they are both reasonably strong, as I've been needing that extra kickstart in the mornings recently. I will say again that I think the grammar (or definition of ingredients) should be looked at, but in the big picture that is a very small thing. The main thing is the tea itself, and each one seems to be of top quality.

Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment