Thursday 14 May 2015

Masked Madness #5

Kia Ora!

It's time for another update of the things I put on my face! A few favourites this time around, and hopefully better reviews than last time (I've been making sure to take better notes).


Etude House Hyaluronic Acid

I quite liked this mask. Etude House masks tend to be relatively consistent, although for me they aren't holy grail. They are good, and quite nice to wear though, and at only $1USD they are a great price. This one smells very sweet and fruity, which I liked. It is a thick cotton mask which leaves the face plump, but it has a slight slick of greasy residue that hangs around after removing the mask. This isn't a huge problem though as the residue disappears as you continue with the remainder of your skincare routine. I do like it, but I think it is a bit misleading to call it a hyaluronic acid mask, particularly as there seems to be hardly any of the acid in the mask (going from how far down the ingredients list it is listed). Oh well, can't complain too much about cheap masks.


Shara Shara Real Sauce Mung Beans Mask

This is one of the softest sheet masks I've ever used. It looks quite yellow in the packet, but appears normal once on the face. The fit is quite good, and it feels soft and comfortable on the face. There is lots of essence in the mask, and plenty of that is left on the face upon removal of the mask. It does sink in relatively well though. I experienced slight itching sensations around the edges of the mask (at my chin and ears mainly), but this was not too bad and did fade. I like this mask, and am keen to get my hands on some more Shara Shara masks to try!


Lonvitalité 24K Gold 24K Active Gold Eye Mask

I'm not convinced by this mask, and probably won't try it again. This came in a Violet Box (if I remember correctly). It goes around the whole eye, rather than just the undereye like most eye masks. It is rather odd shaped, and the slit in the middle is what I've dubbed the 'eyelash hole' as it is very small. This mask had a cooling sensation, and that was particularly intense on the sensitive skin around my eyes. I couldn't really deal with it for long, and only kept the mask on for 4 minutes rather than the usual 20+. There was lots of serum in the packet, so I spread that around on the rest of my face and it was quite nice. The serum dried quickly, but still left a slight sticky residue.


Etude House Skin Solution Mask Total Care

This is one of my favourite masks, and has appeared before in this blog series. The mask is soft and thin, the serum is wonderful and slightly sweet smelling, and this mask brightens my face. I love it, and I'm sure you will see plenty more of this mask in future empties.


Etude House Bio Jelly Coconut Gel Mask Firming

This is one of the hardest masks I've ever had to put on. The gel mask was inbetween a plastic sheet and a softer cloth sheet, but I couldn't get it to sit on my face properly no matter which side I tried to remove first. The holes for nose, mouth and eyes were in all the wrong places. The nose flap was huge and covered my nostrils, making it a bit hard to breathe. I ended up having to fold the flap up to keep it out of the way. The mask does feel very comfortable once it was on, but it took a lot of wiggling and fiddling to get it on properly. The mask did get tighter as the serum was absorbed into the skin, but not in an uncomfortable way. I have another one of these to try, so I'll see if practice putting one on will help.



Innisfree It's Real Squeeze Mask - Pomegranate

This incorporates all the great things about Innisfree masks - the slightly sweet smell of the serum, the comfortable and soft mask, the lovely soft skin you have afterwards. This mask smelled quite sweet, but that faded on application to my face. The sheet was very thin, and contoured well to my face. It was very comfortable to wear, and left my skin feeling soft and smooth.


And finally several masks that I have used previously. The Benton Snail Bee mask is my holy grail mask, and I can't get enough so expect to see it in just about every edition of Masked Madness. The other two were fine for nose pore strips, nothing special though.

And there we go, anther edition of masks done and dusted. I'm off to Wellington today for my graduation from my Masters tonight. Keep an eye out on my Facebook page for a couple of photos over the weekend, and next week I'll have a post about the makeup and skincare I took with me for a weekend away.

Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment