Tuesday 2 June 2015

Empties May 2015

Kia Ora!

I can't believe May is over already! It's halfway through 2015, and it seems to be going by far too fast for my liking!

I've got another month's worth of empties to share today! I love doing these posts as they are such a great motivator to finish up products. I always seem to have a few things I'm trying to finish and it is really exciting to put a product into my empties box when it is finally empty!



Harney & Sons Paris Tea Sachet

I love this tea. I think it might be in my top 5 teas that I love (oooh, I sense a blog post idea for the future)! My sister bought this for me a few years ago, and I've been buying subsequent tins off iHerb. These tins can be found in specialty shops or fancy cafes in NZ, but I find them to be cheaper on iHerb, and easier to get a hold of. This is a black flavoured tea, and I love the scent and taste of it. It honestly is a comfort tea, something you can savour. Yum!


Repurchase: Not yet as I have a lot of tea, but I'll probably treat myself later in the year.


Ariel 24hour Spa Moisture Water

This was in my Project Pan earlier in the year, and I'm glad to have it finished. I didn't really notice any great effects from it, although it was a nice hydrating mist on hot days, or to use as a part of my skincare routine. I won't repurchase as I didn't notice any results, but it's not bad if you wanted to give it a go.

Repurchase: No


The Body Shop Banana Conditioner

I don't know how I feel about this one. I was using it in conjunction with the shampoo (see next month's empties for that as it has about 5 uses left), and it was nice, but I've used better. This is about $16 and I just don't know that it's worth the cost. It smells like sweet banana, and the scent lingers for days, which I liked. However it is supposed to give you soft and shiny hair, but this only lasted for a short time. I noticed my hair becoming greasy looking after less than 24 hours, and I would have to wash it more frequently. I didn't really like that, and for this reason along with the expense, I won't buy this again.


Repurchase: No


Tailor Masque - Single use

I've been meaning to try out the Tailor Masque ever since reading about how much Meagan at This is Meagan Kerr loves it. I finally had a chance, and loved it. A single use mask comes in this little baggie, which is a great way to try out a more expensive product. I didn't really like getting the mask out of the baggie, but after ripping it open, it worked alright (baggie included above for reference).

This is a clay mask, and felt great on. It tightened on my face, and felt like it sucked some rubbish out of my pores. When I washed it off my skin felt super soft, and my other skincare products were absorbed faster and more fully as a result. I'm keen to try out this mask again, and do a full review, but so far I like it!

Repurchase: After trying a couple more single use, most likely yes!


Rexona Women Free Spirit

I've had this deodorant in the bottom of my handbag for a couple of years now. That's a bit gross I know, but it's more of an emergency one to keep on hand than the one I use every day. I find it useful to have a reliable deodorant (one that represses sweat and has a sweet scent) in my bag for those long days or rushed mornings. I liked this one, it did the job and smells lovely. I have replaced it with another one which is basically the same, although the scent might be different.


Repurchase: Already have.


Nivea Daily Essentials Extra Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

This was also featured in my Project Pan earlier in the year, and I've managed to use it up too! I didn't find it did that great of a job removing makeup, and I always had to use 3-4 cotton pads for stubborn mascara (although I never pitted this against the Benefit mascaras). I didn't like that, as I want to get mascara off quickly and not spend half an hour scrubbing at my lashes at the end of the day. This would be good for those with sensitive skin, as the formula is really good at not irritating eyes or skin.


Repurchase: No, but I have replaced with an oil based remover.


Mizon Grapefruit Body Wash

Another Memebox product that I received last year. This was an okay product, not great but not terrible either.  It lathers quite nicely, and does what it is supposed to do (washes you). The problem I had with it was that it left my skin feeling really dry. I felt like I had to use multiple applications of moisturiser after using this as a body wash, but if that's your routine then that's not necessarily a bad thing. I did love the grapefruit smell it had, which lasted throughout the shower but didn't linger much after getting out.

Repurchase: No, but I also have 5 million other body washes to use.


Maybelline The Falsies Volume Express and Too Faced Lash Injection

I decided to throw these two out since they had been sitting around for over a year, and it was probably time. I know, I know, mascaras are supposed to be used for 3 months max and then chucked, but  I liked these two and they still seemed to work ok. I'm the first to admit I'm a relative noobs to makeup, but I liked the way these applied to my lashes, and the effects I got (umm, voluminous I guess). They were good, and didn't totally suck to get off.


Repurchase: I have about 15 backups (thanks to subscription boxes) but maybe one day.


Adidas Anti-Perspirant Dry Power

Another guest paragraph from my SO (who used up this deodorant):


Well, it was aiight, I guess. I prefer my deodorants to not have an overpowering aroma where possible, and this one hit the mark for that. The anti-perspirant worked as expected, I wouldn't actually expect it to last 72 hours like the marketing claims, but it did seem to do well enough over the normal 24 hour period. It didn't asphyxiate me in my tiny bathroom, so that's a bonus. Most aerosols tend to require being used in a "well-ventilated" environment, and this can seemed to minimise that. I didn't notice any stains or marks on my clothes either, but I didn't go out of my way to test that, and my normal routine tries to reduce deodorant touching clothes as much as possible.
7 out of 10, respectable, would purchase again.



Etude House My Beauty Tool Cotton Puff

If you've been reading my blog for awhile you know I love these cotton pads. I basically don't use anything else, as these are soft and absorbant and strong. I've bought several boxes as back-ups, and will simply order more from the Etude House website when I run out. Great product, and highly recommended.


Repurchase: Already have!

Well there we are, another month of things I get to put in the rubbish bin now! I find it quite cathartic to save up all the empties and then dispose of them in one go. It's also a great way of doing mini-reviews. Do you guys like empties posts? I know they are my favourite thing to read at the changeover of the month.

Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment