Friday 2 October 2015

Empties September 2015

Kia Ora!

Phew, another month over with; another post to write up about the things I've used up. I tried specifically to use up some of my body lotion samples this month, mainly since I need some extra room in that particular drawer. It's been quite fun using lots of things up, so let's get into it!


It looks like a lot when you put them all together, but I'll try and not waffle too much.


Butterfly Party Soap Bath Whip - Mrs Claus' Cookies

I am in love with the bath whip! It's so soft, is fun to use in the shower, and foams/lathers really well. The scent lasts for ages after getting out of the shower which is good too. This particular scent was very sweet, and not really my thing, but I am delighted by the product itself!


Repurchase: Yes, by the tonne, when this company reopens next year.

Butterfly Party Soap Foamy Scrub - Elf Sweat and Vanilla Bean Noel

Once again, I've fallen in love with this product. These tiny sample containers had enough for one good scrub of my entire body, which was a neat way to try different scents out. The scrub particles are sugar (I think), and are great for actually scrubbing away dead skin. I hate tiny particles when I'm scrubbing my whole body, and this one lathers too. It means you don't have to use a body wash as well. I used one as a shaving cream, and it worked well. I could scrub my legs, and then lather and shave, all with the one product. In regards to scent, I loved Elf Sweat (a sharp mint/pine flavour?) but wasn't too keen on the Vanilla Bean Noel.


Repurchase: Yes, by the tonne, and then another tonne.


Schwarzkopf Rescue Repair Shampoo

I think this is from one of the last Goodieboxes I received in 2014. I've had a massive backlog of shampoos, and been trying to use them all up so I can buy the ones I want to be using. This was a nice enough shampoo, nothing too special for me, but I liked it. It did the job and didn't strip my hair. I'm pretty sure it's rather expensive so that means I won't be buying again.

Repurchase: No.

Tosowoong 10 Hours

I have one of these in just about every empties post. By now I'm just considering not including it since it appears every month. I love this product, it makes my hair soft, shiny, and gives it life. Love love love.

Repurchase: I still have a few tubes left, but I will be once I need to.

Mise en Scene Perfect Repair

I used a bottle of this up in July too, and I'm happy it's gone. The product itself wasn't too bad - it conditioned, left hair soft and shiny, left it hydrated - but the scent was terrible. I used it because of the effects, but I couldn't deal with the scent.

Repurchase: No.


Glamourflage Amazing Grace Massage Lotion

I think this was supposed to be for massages, but I just used it like a normal lotion. It was thin, smelled strongly of frangipani, and worked a treat! It was nice to try out, but I've preferred other lotions so won't be getting another one.


Repurchase: No.

Etude House My Castle Hand Cream - Rose

I've been working on this one for months! It sat beside my bed, and I used it all the time but hand cream just seems to take forever to work through for me. This was a thick pink cream, and you scoop it out from inside the castle (the roof comes off). It's a bit greasy to start with, but once it sinks in it's a lovely moisturiser.


Repurchase: No, but I have about 20 hand creams lined up.

EO Hand Sanitizer - Lavender

I got this in my very first Flora and Fauna box, and I'm so glad I did. I've had it at work on my desk, and it's been handy to have it close by. It's so handy having a spray, although it does take some getting used to. I'm going to miss this bottle at work.


Repurchase: Yes!


Butterfly Party Soap Body Butter Coconut Dream

This was a thick cream, and it left my legs really soft and smooth. It did leave a bit of a greasy after-feeling, but it wasn't too bad. The coconut scent was alright, it wasn't my favourite though as it wasn't very strong or sweet (I'm a sucker for sweet scents).

Repurchase: No, I've got a couple more tubs to go through.

Coconut Revolution

This is a thick cream that leaves a bit of a greasy afterfeel. It does sink in eventually, and left my legs soft for hours! This tiny bottle let me moisturise my legs 2.5 times, or 5 legs worth. It smells lovely, like a sweet, vanilla coconut. I really like it.

Repurchase: Yes, if I can find a full size.

EcoStore Nourishing Body Lotion

I didn't really like this one. It has a natural scent, well, truly not much of a scent - so it's probably good for sensitive skin. It did the job, but I didn't like the scent or the feel of the lotion itself.

Repurchase: no.

Soak Skin Booster Body Lotion

I loved this one! It was a thin lotion, and it sunk in very very quickly! It reminded me of The Body Shop puree I used up last month. It smelled great and I can't wait to try and get my hands on some more. I'm planning on going on a search while I'm in Australia in a couple of weeks.

Repurchase: Heck yes!! 


Skinfood Premium Tomato Whitening Toner

I liked this toner. I know a lot of people are skeptical about how much a toner really does, but I like to have that step. This one didn't do a lot of whitening (no it didn't bleach my skin at all), but I did notice a more even skintone. It didn't break me out, and the scent was lovely too. It lasted a couple of months, so it gives good value too. It came in a Memebox in 2014, and is one I might consider buying again. 

Repurchase: Possibly, to be decided after I work through my backlog of toner. 

AHC Hologram Collection Moisture Serum

This smelled like apples. Straight up. It was quite a nice moisturiser; it kept my skin hydrated, didn't cause outbreaks of pimples, and basically did what it was supposed to. The price is something crazy like $89USD. Holy heck, it was fine, but not that blinking fine. 

Repurchase: No, the price is waaaay too high. 

Simple Kind to Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes

I think these were from a Goodiebox, and they were nice. I kept them at work for days when I felt extra oily or gross, so I didn't use them on a regular basis. The wipe is soft, it gets the grime off your face, and the scent is lovely and fresh. I liked these, and would probably buy them again.

Repurchase: Sure, if they are on sale while I'm looking to buy. 

There we have it, another month of empties. I'm surprised at how many sample lotions I managed to get through, and might continue to attempt specifically to use up more lotions. I'm purely doing this as I'm running out of room in that drawer, and want to buy some more body butters (although I probably shouldn't). 

Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment