Tuesday 13 October 2015

Fandom of the Month September 2015

Kia Ora!

I've got a brand new subscription box to show you lovely readers today. It's called 'Fandom of the Month' and they do little fan type goodies (jewellery, art pieces, random other things) with a different fandom each month. I originally discovered it on one of my favourite blogs - From L and P to English Tea.

Fandom of the Month is $13 per month, plus shipping. Shipping costs vary but to New Zealand it costs $9.80. Previously there have been Hunger Games, Lord of the Rings (drool, wish I had gotten that one), Harry Potter, Star Wars, and more. I'm excited to see what is in the box for September!


This month the Fandom is Percy Jackson! It's been a long time since I read those books, but the earrings tipped me off.


Some wings for your shoes! These are neat, but not my style. They are perfect for my younger sister though - included with the book as a Christmas present and voila!

The magnet I assume has a reference to the series, but I don't remember anything in particular. It looks cool though, and will be great for the top of my deep freeze.


The bag is a cute drawstring, and the jewellery was all inside it in the box. I love the quote, and do remember that being a theme of the books when I read them.

The jewellery is well chosen. I love the necklace and ring (close-ups below), and the earrings are very cute too. I'll wear all of these pieces so I'm very happy to have them.


The earrings have a pegasus in the centre, and say 'Camp Half Blood' around the outside.


Poseiden's trident as a ring.


The Pegasus necklace is made of reflective metal, and is a great length. 


I really like this box. There are a couple of things I won't use, and this isn't a fandom I'm intimately familiar with, but I can appreciate the curation of this box. I am in love with most of the jewellery, and will be able to gift the bits that don't resonate with me. 

It's a great box at a great price, although it's more expensive to get it shipped to this side of the world. 

What do you think? 


No comments:

Post a Comment