Tuesday 27 May 2014

Violet Box New Zealand - May 2014

Kia Ora!

I was delighted to discover my Violet Box* in the mailbox this morning. I've spent the day playing with all my lovely new toys! That means you get to read a "sort-of" review of some of the products, as much of a review as is possible after single uses of products. 

This is the second  box that has been available to New Zealand, and I love that Violet Box are sending different boxes to Australia, which means there are very few spoilers available from those boxes (which inevitably get to their destinations first). 



Ooooh it looks like some exciting products this month. April was a rather spectacular box, so let's hope that May's is just as good!
A picture of the card included is below, and then a detailed blurb about each product (sorry about the rubbish quality, my phone isn't the best).




Timeless Truth Q10 Stem Cell Extract Mask.
I've been dying to try a cloth mask as I've never done that before. I might have to go buy a cucumber simply to complete the experience. This mask is apparently good for reduction of fine lines, skin tightening, and help with pigmentation. I'm not sure I need any of that but I'm excited to try a mask, just to see if I like it.
RRP: $6.00
Full size.


CK One Gloss Eyecolour.
This was the sneak peek on April's card. I'm not really into eye makeup but the colour is quite nice and I like the pen format. I'll give this a go and see if I'll use it at all. 
Swatch below.
Colour: 'Pop.'
RRP: $26.50
Full size (I think).


Adorn Cosmetics Eye Create Intensive Shadow, Shade & Eye Create Matte Shadow.
I quite like the colour of this as I like browns and neutral shades. However when I tried to put it on it was quite difficult. I tried to swatch it and it didn't work so well (see below). The attempt to apply with a brush to my eyelid was a disaster, and I ended up looking like an escaped panda. I'm not sure if this is the best was to present the product, or if I'm simply to inexperienced to make it work. However, it splattered everywhere and just made a giant mess. I also can't tell how much there is so I'm not sure if this is a full size or sample. 
Colour: 
RRP: $15.00 (1.5g).


Here are the swatches for the CK product on the left and the Adorn on the right. Sorry about the lighting, I had to take this with my phone after my camera died.


 Argania Hair Oil
I love this stuff. I got a sample of the Light version in a previous Her Fashion Box and I love it. The scent is so great, like having warm caramel following you around. I also like the way it makes my hair look, all shiny and healthy. Very happy to have received this.
RRP: $37.00 (full size 100ml).
Sample size (5ml): $1.85


Lash Control Clear Coat Mascara and Brow Fix.
This product is very interesting. I've never even heard of anything like it before. It come with a funky squeezy bit in the middle of the tube, which is great for removing excess gel. I do like this, and have used it on both my brows and lashes today. I quite like it, and will try it out over my mascara tomorrow. The brush is very good at separating lashes. 
RRP: $26.00
Full size. 


NS-5 Cuticle and Nail Complex.
I've never tried anything like this product either, and my nails generally fall by the wayside. It comes with a great applicator where you can get the product directly onto the cuticles. My nails feel lovely and moisturized after using this, and I think it will become a part of my routine! It smells like a honey variant and is very nice.
RRP: $10.00.
Full size. 

Overall this is a great box. I'm very excited to try all these new products (which is what these subscription boxes are about for me), and I feel happy with the value of this box. I've started evaluating the products I receive and the overall box by the value of the items I will use. I will use (and am excited about) 5 out of the 6 products which is great. 

The product which is the sneak peek on the May card is Be a Bombshell eye shadow quad. These look interesting and I've been seeing so many people receive this brand in other boxes. Looking forward to next month! 
Let me know your thoughts on any of these products and the overall box!

Until next time ...

*Violet Box is a monthly subscription box which costs $30 a month. More information can be found at www.violetbox.co.nz.

No comments:

Post a Comment