Monday 2 February 2015

Empties December 2014 and January 2015

Kia Ora!

Look at this. I'm actually following through and bringing you the more relevant empties post. Go me! I haven't finished much this month, but February is looking like it will be a big month (especially with some of my Project Pan items nearly finished). 


Dove Daily Moisture Shampoo

This is the pair to the conditioner from November. I finished it up eventually, although there was plenty of wastage. I'm not even sure it's completely empty. Oh well. The bottle looks really manky as it has been in the shower for so long (18 months or more). The shampoo is quite nice, no complaints, but I just wanted this finished.


Repurchase: Maybe, but in a smaller bottle.


Eco Store Volumising Conditioner

I won this shampoo and conditioner set months ago, and am loving it. It's a lovely consistency, and cleans my hair really well. The volumising effect is noticeable too, with my ponytail being a bit thicker. I think my hair looks shiny and healthy using this set too. If you are into the eco thing, this is a great brand to use. I'm not particularly committed (or at all, I have no problems with chemicals) but I quite like this set! Once again, the shampoo has outlasted the conditioner, expect it in the February empties post.

Repurchase: Yes, if it is on sale.


Garnier Fructis Strengthening Conditioner

This is another one of my huge bottles I've been trying to use up for the last 2 years. It has been sitting in the bottom of the shower growing mould because neither my SO or I have wanted to finish it. The shampoo is still in the shower, and I might just chuck it. These ones are different to the Dove ones (which were good but lasted ages), where they make our hair feel awful, leaving it stripped and dry. I won't be buying this kind again. We didn't realise how terrible it was for our hair until we used something else, that's how long we were using it for.

Repurchase: No. No way.


Etude House My Beauty Tool Cotton Puff

These are the best cotton pads I've ever used! They are durable, don't pull apart, and soft. The only downside is having to order them from Korea. I got these direct from the Etude House website when they had a free shipping sale (spend over x amount to get free shipping). They are a huge bargain as they only cost $1USD. How fantastic! You can get them here, and there are other types of cotton pad  (which I plan on trying next time I make an order). P.S. the sheet masks are awesome too!

Repurchase: Heck yes! I'm just waiting for a free shipping sale.


Secret Nature Volcanic Ash Clay Pore Pack

I'm really sad to have finished this up. It's the first tub of mask product I've finished up, which is good because I have long since run out of room in my mask drawer. This was a clay mask, it smelt like pine trees, and was great at getting gunk out of my pores. I loved the soft and smooth feeling my face had after use. I will miss this mask, but am excited to try some new products.

Repurchase: Yes, once the glut of masks is over.


E.L.F Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloths

There has been many a blogger/vlogger raving about these wipes, and they are right. These are great at removing all traces of makeup, They are a bit thin, and you have to be aware they will separate out a bit. The formula is fantastic though, and they have a great price-tag too; $3USD. Fantastic! I've got several backups of these wipes, so I'm set for the next few months.

Repurchase: Of course!

Fuss Free Naturals Cleansing Wipes Green Tea + Vitamin C

Here's another brand which has awesome makeup remover wipes. These smell amazing, very fresh and with a hint of citrus. One side of the wipe has little bumps, and the other side is smooth like all other face wipes. I love that they sell little mini packs (this one had 5 wipes in it), and I'm using the full size pack at the moment. These are an Australian brand, and the international shipping is crazy expensive so I won't be getting any more of these for a very long time unfortunately. If you are in Australia, give these a go as they are pretty awesome.

Repurchase: Yes, on my next trip to Australia (whenever that is).


Oasis Beauty Berry Brightening Tonic

This is my HOLY GRAIL TONER! It not only smells of delicious delicious berries, but it helps clear up breakouts! I followed Oasis Beauty's advice, and held a soaked cotton pad over a blemish, and it cleared up in a day or two. Phenomenal results! I was really sad when this ran out, and will be re-ordering it as soon as I've used up my Memebox toners.

Repurchase: Yes, yes, yes.


Vede & Crede Facial Cleansing Tonic

This was a gift from a friend, and I'm happy to have been able to try it. It is a spray cleanser, which was a novelty for me. It smells like rosewater and sandalwood, which I loved but some people might not. I just sprayed it on my face and then wiped off with a flannel. This might not be the best way to use this product, but it seemed to work for me. Not the deepest cleanse, but enough for day-to-day use.

Repurchase: I haven't decided yet.


Coola Classic Sunscreen - cucumber scent

This was a great sample. I'm just getting into sunscreen (mostly Korean thanks to Memebox) but I had this from a Goodiebox at some point in 2013 I think. I love it! It is a thin lotion, and sinks in completely, no greasy residue with this sunscreen. The cucumber scent is lovely, nice and fresh, although I think it is a personal preference type of scent as my SO hates it. I can't wait to get my hands on some more of this, but I think I'll have to save up for it (this isn't a cheap sunscreen).

Repurchase: Yes.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well there's the up-to-date empties. I can finally throw them all out - perhaps the most satisfying part of this activity. I hope you got something out of this post, and any questions or comments are welcome in that little box below. Later in the week I'll be posting up my Project Pan update, so stay tuned for that!

Until next time ...





No comments:

Post a Comment