Wednesday 8 July 2015

Bonjour Jolie - June 2015

Kia Ora!

I've really been enjoying getting the Bonjour Jolie box, as it has a great mix of lollies and treats (most of which I've never seen or eaten before), a thoughtful gift, and some lovely luxury items.

Bonjour Jolie is a period subscription service, with lots of options for feminine hygeine products, allowing you to choose between pads, tampons, and disposable menstrual cups depending on personal preference. You can mix and match, and change your choices month to month as well. This is $16USD. There is also an option simply to receive the pampering products, and I've opted for this option. This option is $10USD per month + shipping. Shipping to New Zealand is $14.50, which is a bit expensive but I think it's worth it.


It's summertime in America, so for me the seasons are a bit out of whack. It doesn't really matter though, as you don't need a particular season to eat lollies in!


The card with websites for those who become enamoured with a particular product.


Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Bite Size Cookies

Oooh, these look really yummy! Perfect for a picnic - in 6 months when it isn't freezing cold and/or pouring with rain. Or I can cuddle up in a duvet with a good movie and munch on these. Great!


Calla Lily Necklace - Ellie's Button

I really love the necklace! It's the perfect mix of delicate and awesome. The chain is the length I usually wear, and I feel like it may have been specially chosen for me! I adore this necklace, and wore it to work the day I got it. I've had a look at the etsy shop it came from, and there are some really great looking pieces there too. I might have to go on a bit of a shopping spree. I'm also impressed at the thought that's gone into the inclusion of this particular necklace, as not only is it a summer flower, but the pearl is the birthstone of June.

RRP: $18USD


Beekman 1802 Fresh Air Lotion and Shower Gel

Look at how fancy these little bottles look! The lotion sinks in really fast, and leaves my skin smelling really delicious! I couldn't stop smelling my hand, and must have looked a bit like a crazy person! The one problem I have with these bottles is the lid. The part you open is too tiny to open easily, and I ended up having to use a knife to lever it open. Other than that, I'm really excited by these!

RRP: $2USD each
Sample size.


Some Advil and Cleansing Cloths. These are always handy to have around, and I love being able to try American medicine (even though it's basically ibuprofen with a sugar coating).


Long Boys Coconut x5

Chewy caramel and coconut? Sounds delicious, and I'm keen to try these out! I love the packaging, with the very tall boy! Looks a bit old-fashioned, but old-fashioned lollies (or candy for any Americans reading this) are the best. These are really chewy (once they've thawed since it's currently freezing here) and have a bit of a strange texture, but the caramel and coconut work well together!

RRP: $1USD


Twizzlers - Watermelon flavour x2

I've always wondered what a Twizzler was, as it sounds so fancy in all those American teen novels (cough, Nancy Drew, Babysitter's Club, Sweet Valley High, cough). Now I see that it is simply red liquorice, and I love liquorice. Watermelon flavour sounds yum, and very summery. This isn't on the card, so I'm going to assume it's a bonus product!


BB Bats Taffy Lollipops - Chocolate x2, Banana x1

I've also never tried taffy, and it's another American lolly that gets talked about a lot. I thought it was a salty sweet treat, a bit like caramel. Turns out it comes in different flavours, which is neat. I will admit I thought it was Bobo Bats to start with, as the baseballs could be taking the place of an 'o', but now I see it's just all about the baseball.

RRP: $1.50USD


Jolly Racher Hard Candy - Watermelon, Apple, Cherry

Yummm. My mouth is watering writing this post, as it's lunchtime and I'm at work. These treats are all at home - huge oversight on my part - so I can't eat them now. Tonight there will be gorging, as these ones look delicious.

RRP: $0.50USD


True Fruit Drink packets

These appear to make flavoured water, a bit like Raro I assume. This is a very good product for summer, so I'll have to save them for Spring/Summer. I'm more interested in hot tea right now, to help warm up my insides, but I love that these are a bit different.

RRP: $1USD


True Lime Cold Pressed and Crystallized Lime

These are something right out of left field (see look at me appealing to Americans with a baseball cliche - at least I think it's baseball). I don't know quite what to do with these, but I'll try one out by adding it to some water, or maybe sprinkling over a meal that would complement the lime flavour. Yum!

RRP: $1USD


Boston Fruit Slices

These are so cute! I love jubes/gummy lollies so I'm probably most excited about these. We have lemon and orange wedges here in New Zealand, but not like this. Yum!

RRP: $1USD


Brach's Ice Cream Nougat - Banana and Strawberry flavour

I feel like a bit of a dork, but it took until I was editing this post to see that the shapes in the middle of each lolly are ice-creams. Yum! What a neat way to package things, and to stand out from the crowd.

RRP: $0.75USD
_________________________________________________________________________________

Total value of the box: $27.75USD (plus a few bonus goodies).

I officially love this whole box. The food is all really interesting, and things I've never tried before (or by a brand I've never even heard of). I do love that Bonjour Jolie includes the links to websites on the card, so you don't have to do in-depth searches just to find more of a lolly you fall in love with. The pampering items smell wonderful, and I can imagine them making a tough day bearable. And the necklace is honestly so perfect for me that I don't know if I'll be able to love any other piece of jewellery for awhile.

It is expensive for a box of lollies as I paid about $24.50NZD (generally about $35USD) for the box, including shipping, but I'm pretty happy with it. For me it's worth it to try treats out from the other side of the world.

What do you think about the box?

Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment