Sunday 5 July 2015

Empties - June 2015

Kia Ora!

My Empties post is a wee bit late this month, possibly because I'm in denial about how far through the year we are (and I had a bit of an unintentional break from blogging last week). I truly can't believe it's already July, it seems like Christmas was only a short time ago and it's coming around again rather quickly. Anyways, enough of my rambling, and on to the products.


As always, the tea must come first. I was drinking the Dilmah and Bell at work (as the teabags supplied are terrible). I like these smaller packs, as I have enough for a month or 6 weeks depending on how much tea I drink.

The Stash Vanilla Honeybush tea was delicious, with the perfect amount of vanilla and honey flavouring coming through. I really enjoyed it, and was upset I don't have any more to try. If you see this brand, get some!

Tea with Alice is always a great brew, but I particularly enjoyed the Dragon Chai tea. It was chai tea leaves, soaked in honey. That was a brilliant combination. The tea leaves were sticky and damp (which I queried when I got the tea, but it is supposed to be that way), and the tea was phenomenal when I made up a cup. The honey was a subtle flavour, but it added a sweetness that complimented the spices in the chai. Yum! I am probably going to order a full size of this one as it is the yummiest, and most unique, tea I've tried from Tea with Alice.


Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence

This is the holiest of holy grails for me. I know that lots of people don't like Benton because they don't use chemical preservatives in their products, but I've never had a problem myself. I order this in from Korea (and it's about $25 for 2 bottles if you get the right sale). I love that it makes my skin vibrant and glowing, as well as doing a great job at evening out skintone. I wouldn't go without it at all!

Repurchase: I always have a backup on hand.


Comvita MediHoney Natural Moisturising Lotion

I'm throwing this one away since it smelled terrible. I think it did an average job of moisturisation, but the smell was so bad I had to have a shower to wash it off after I'd applied it. Yuck!

Repurchase: No way!

Mor Orange Blossom

I really liked this one. It had a great citrus/orange scent, and the lotion was lovely. It sunk into my skin really well, and didn't leave a sticky residue. I'd repurchase this, depending on how much it costs.

Repurchase: Yes.

Urban Skincarer Co. Repair + Body Balm

I think this was from a Lust Have It or Violet Box from last year, and I decided it had to be used. I enjoyed using it, and will be picking some up when I'm in Australia later in the year. It sunk in perfectly, almost immediately, and the scent was lovely. It was unique, and I can't find the right description, but I really liked it. I think coriander was a part of it? I liked it a lot.

Repurchase: Yes.


The Body Shop Banana Shampoo

I wasn't too keen on this, and think it is a complete crock for the price (something like $16). It did leave my hair clean, and soft, but it also left it completely stripped. It was to the point where conditioner was a necessity as my hair was so deprived after using the shampoo. It also left my hair greasy at the roots, which meant that re-washing was needed quicker than normal. I won't be buying this again as it certainly isn't worth the price, and there are better products for much less cost.

Repurchase: No.


Tosowoong 10 Hours Professional Treatment Protein Repair System

Some of you may remember that I bought 10 of these tubes in a mega haul a few months ago ... and I'm still loving this hair treatment. It takes 10 hours to work, so it's best to pop on before bed and then your hair looks great the next day! I love that it leaves my hair shiny, soft and healthy-looking. It's basically a wonderful product (and relatively cheap if you buy in bulk).

Repurchase: Yes, when I run out of my stockpile.


Fortune Cookie Soap Lip Balm - Kiss

This came in my Fortune Cookie Soap Summer Box, and was a wonderful wee lip balm to work through. I've never finished a lip balm before, so working through a baby version made me quite proud! It had a strong watermelon scent and made my lips soft and hydrated. I am looking forward to a lip balm being in the next box, and would recommend this lip balm if you live somewhere that shipping isn't ridiculous.

Repurchase: No, but purely because shipping will cost my soul.


Innisfree Soybean Firming Neck Cream

I've never used a neck cream before, and really enjoyed using this one. This was a sample that came with an innisfree order, and I was surprised at how long the sample lasted. I think it had about a weeks worth of product in it. I also love the resealable top, which makes a foil sample into a useful product rather than one of those awkward and messy packets that sits on the side of the sink and languishes.

Repurchase: No, but only because my routine is complicated enough.

Innisfree Capsule Recipe Pack - Volcanic Mud Mask

I was reading someone else's blog, and they had a review of this wee capsule pack, and I realised it was the mask I had been drooling over for the last year. It had been sitting in my skincare storage drawers, and I hadn't used it as I wasn't entirely sure what it was. Turns out, it's a 3-use sample of the famous Innisfree mask, and I'm really happy to discover it! It's a wonderful mask, that sucks the gross rubbish out of my face and leaves it smooth, soft, and clean. It does wonders for clogged pores!

Repurchase: No, only because I already have a full-size!

Well there we go folks. Despite it being late, and my unintentional break from the blog I have done my empties for June. I love the cathartic feeling of collecting up a month's worth of empty products and writing about them before throwing them all away at once. It's such a great feeling, and something to aim for. I think I feel more encouraged to use up products because of this, which can't be a bad thing!

Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment