Monday 27 July 2015

Madame Ladybug - One off box

Kia Ora!

I've been trying out some of the period subscription boxes from the US, and Madame Ladybug is one I've been drooling over for quite awhile. When I figured out that they ship internationally, I grabbed one. I bought a Snack Box, which comes without the feminine hygeine products (as I've said before I don't really use them). This cost $12 USD with shipping coming to a whopping $25USD. This is a huge shipping charge, but I've bought one box to see what the products are like.


Makeup Foundation Sponge 

This looks like a fake beauty blender type sponge thing. I don't wear foundation generally and barely function with brush applications, so this is way over my head. I'll pass this on to a friend, or keep it for a future giveaway. It's a neat thing to have in the box though. 


Tea tree and Citrus Triple Butter Cleansing Soap

This doesn't have a brand on it, or tell you whether this is a body soap or face cleansing soap. I'll use this as a soap for hand washing since it doesn't specify, and my skincare routine is rather complex. It's a neat size, and smells quite nice too. I'm reasonably happy to have this. 


The Daily Bather Chocolate Lavender Tub Tea

I don't usually get excited over bath products as I don't have a bath. But ... I'm house-sitting for the next few weeks and there's a bath there! I know I'll enjoy the chance to have a bath and try this out. I think the combination of chocolate and lavender is interesting, and I can't wait to see how it works out in scenting the bathroom!


Purplee Naturals Pumpkin Spice Organic Handmade Soap

This is from an Etsy shop, which is pretty neat. Etsy is usually attached to huge shipping fees to New Zealand (from American sellers at least) so I don't shop their often. I have heard about the obsession in American with the flavour/scent of pumpkin spice, but have never had the opportunity to see exactly what it is. Now I've got this, in a tiny soap! I'm excited to use this, although not for awhile as I have a ton of soaps to get through.


Cheetos Flamin' Hot Crunchy

These are apparently made with real cheese. Interesting. I've never tried a cheeto before, it feels like such an American thing to eat.

Annie's Homegrown Organic Cheddar Bunnies

These look really interesting, little bunny crackers. Cheese flavoured again. I wonder if they are anything like Cheds or Cheese and Bacon Shapes


Keebler Fudge Stripes Cookies Minis Original

Oooh yum, cookies! These look really yum. Admittedly, I've heard about the obsession with high fructose corn syrup in America, so I had to check all of the ingredients lists for it, and it's in these cookies. My Mum went to Vegas last year and basically stopped eating anything except fresh fruit and veges, as she thought all the food was too sweet. Half the reason I'm interested in these American treats is to see how sweet they are, compared to New Zealand snacks. And now that I've talked far too much about that, let's move on.


pop tarts mini crisps - frosted strawberry

Firstly, learn how to capitalise words (so speaks the English major). Secondly, pop tarts are not things I eat normally so these will make for a nice treat. I can see myself needing to ration these treats out over the next few weeks, as I'm attempting (and mostly failing) to eat a bit more healthily. 


Nestle Skinny Cow Blissful Truffle Candy Bar

Ohhhh, truffle candy bar. It's been really hard not to rip into this one. I've had to actually hide it from myself (which isn't the best way to do things) until the photos were taken. It was very close to having a picture of a wrapper for this one. Now that I've given myself official permission to eat it ... it was DELICIOUS! Where do I get more? Yum, the chocolate and truffle was fantastic. I want more!

Fruit Roll-ups mini rolls - Screaming Strawberry Tattoos

I haven't had a fruit roll-up since I was in primary school. I think this is a Halloween one from the vampire on the side, and it might have tattoos in it? I'll have to find out, and put a picture up on my Facebook page if I use it!


Prune in Dark Chocolate

This was one of the most delicious things I've had in ages. I had forgotten how nice prunes are, and this was juicy and sweet, despite coming from a packet. The chocolate was dark and complemented the prune well. I would happily buy lots of these as sneaky snacks at work.

Fiber One - Assorted fruit

I don't really know what this is, gummy lollies with added fibre? I can't say much as I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure they will be yum.



Various tea samples

I'm really looking forward to trying all of these (except perhaps the Green Tea as I'm not a huge fan - but a friend is so those will be heading her way). The Stash one is the one I'm most excited about, especially as I've tried a ginger tea from T2 before and loved it. Happy squeals of excitement about new tea to try!
________________________________________________________________________

I can't give this box a value as I have no clue what any of these things are worth. However, when including the shipping, this box is very expensive, and not really worth it to be honest. It's awesome to try out some snacks from the States, but when I'm paying around $50 NZD for a box, I can't justify that sort of expense. However for those who aren't affected by the crazy shipping, it's probably not a bad deal!

Overall this is a decent box from Madame Ladybug, but because New Zealand accrues such huge shipping costs, probably not the best choice for Kiwis. I'm looking into Australian boxes at the moment, and welcome any suggestions or requests.

Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment