Monday 4 January 2016

Empties December 2015

Kia Ora!

I feel like I haven't done an Empties post for a long time (about 3 months). I seemed to run out of time recently, so this week is going to be full of the things I used up in the last few months, as well as the December Book Wrangle. Let's crack on and talk about my rubbish!


Tea is a large part of my life, so I like to share it with you. T2 Lamington  was one of the most delicious teas I've tried recently. It tastes exactly like a chocolate lamington, with the chocolate and coconut. It works really well with milk, and I truly enjoyed it.
Stash Ginger Breakfast Black Tea was a sample I received in a Bonjour Jolie box. I had this for breakfast. Honestly, the one thing I wish about this tea is that I had more of it! It was tasty, with a hit of ginger and deliciously deep and dark. It was great!


Beekman Shower Gel
This was from a sample from a Bonjour Jolie box too, and it was average. The scent wasn't anything special, although it wasn't offensive either. The small looking bottle did last for about a week though, so that was handy.


Divine Skin Hydrator In Shower Body Moisturiser
I really didn't enjoy this one. I got 1 and a half uses out of the bottle, and it left a thick layer on my skin after I washed it off. Blergh.

Health Basics Shampoo and Conditioner
These were a great size for travelling, but otherwise I don't have anything great to say about these. They dried out my hair, stripping it completely. It was shiny for a day but then it looked greasy and like it needed another wash.  


Secret Nature From Jeju Serum
I've been using this serum for the last few months, and my skin has been loving it. It's a creamy serum, a light gel, and it made my skin glow. It soaked in pretty easily, and layered well with all the other skincare products I use. I loved it, and I'm sad it is gone!


The Face Shop Pomegranate and Collagen Volume Lifting Essence
This claimed to have a fast-absorbing formula, and it truly does! I loved everything about it. It's a pink gel that smells a bit like floral perfume, but the scent dissipates quickly once applied. It left my fast hydrated, and plumper. I enjoyed using it, and am quite sad it's gone. I highly recommend this to anyone who wants a moisture boost in their skincare routine!


SoyBio+ Fermented Lumpoule
I had heard some amazing things about this, and was excited to finally be able to try them out. However when I used them, I broke out really badly. I always test products for at least 2 weeks before deciding whether to keep using them or not. After realising that it was this that was making me break out, I stopped using it. I did get it over a year ago from Memebox (my addiction comes back to bite me in the bum), so it could be expired. Either way, I'm not taking chances and stopped using it. 

Bump eraiser antibacterial wash
Guest review from boyfriend: "Didn't like it! It smelled of antibacterial, which could be me not liking the smell, but it basically smelt of hospitals. It foamed up ok at the start, but the gel rapily deteriorated to water and didn't foam at the end. This could be because the packaging let in water to dilute it, but it was water by the end of the bottle. To confirm, the viscocity is that of water."


Fortune Cookie Soap Salt Scrub - The Boy Who Never Grew Up
I loved the scent of this, and loved being able to try it out. I got 4 uses out of this tiny pot. The salt crystals were large, and gave a light scrub (not as deep as I always like, but a nice alternative for days when my skin doesn't need a deep scrub). Word of warning, don't get salt scrub in open cuts or scratches though, that wasn't pleasant.


Purederm Make-up Cleansing Tissues - Green Tea Extract
These were lovely and worked well. The tissues did what they were supposed to - i.e. stayed together and cleaned the grime off my face. I don't wear make up so never used them as makeup removal wipes, but they worked well for cleaning my face in the morning before heading out for the day.


Tosowoong 10 Hours 
I've talked about this stuff for about a year now, and it's still great. It leaves my hair soft, shiny, and looking great. It's a light leave-in conditioner, and perfect for help styling hair. I love it, and have about 6 more tubes in stock. 

That was the round up of my trash for December; mostly great, but with a couple of fails. Stay tuned for the October/November Empties later in the week!

Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment