Thursday 20 August 2015

Lust Have It July 2015

Kia Ora!

I've enjoyed the last couple of Lust Have It boxes that I've received, so I was looking forward to this one. This box (well bag really) is only $20 AUD per month, and they have been knocking it out of the park in the last few months. My June unboxing is here if you want to check it out.


They have gone back to the pink bags this month, which I'm not too thrilled about as I have a bunch already. They are useful, if repetitive. And  they aren't the main point of the subscription, so I can get over this.


The card with all the extra info. And ingredient lists for some products apparently.


Hikari Eyeshadow Quad - halle

I don't wear a lot of makeup, but eyeshadow palettes are my weakness. This one is so pretty, and a with lovely neutral colours. The shadows are soft, and have a reasonable colour payoff. I'm really excited by the colours of this quad, unexpectedly as I generally don't like makeup in subscription boxes (although I know that half the subscribers - at least - do).

RRP: $22.50
Full size.


Garnier Fructis Full & Luscious Shampoo and Conditioner

I'm not the biggest fan of foil packets, but these are listed as a bonus product on the  card so I can deal. I really like trying out new shampoo and conditioners, so I'm interested to see what these can do. 10ml is a bigger sample than is usually provided, so I'm hoping to get 2 uses out of these.

RRP: $5.95 (250ml full size)
Sample size (10ml each): $0.48


Marsk Certified Organic Eyeliner - Pitch Black

I don't use eyeliner, at all. I will on the very odd occasion, but it's a rare day. This will be added to a birthday present to a friend, as I know it will be used by her. Also the price is a little ridiculous (I think) for a tiny pencil. Does anyone actually pay that much for eyeliner?

RRP: $33.50
Full size.


Be a Bombshell Lip Gloss - Sugar Lips

I don't know how I feel about lipgloss. Some days I like it, others I hate it. It is usually dependent on stickiness factor, so we'll have to see with this one. I'm not the biggest fan of pinks, but this could be a nice summer colour. It swatches to be quite opaque, so it should be full coverage colour-wise.

RRP: $21
Full size.


Be a Bombshell - The One Stick - Southern Belle

This is a combination lip and cheek colour. I've had a light pink version of this before, so I already know I'll be getting rid of it. I'm sure it's a reasonable product, but for the girl who doesn't wear any makeup, let alone complex products like a cheek stain, it isn't suitable. Someone else will be able to love it better than I can.

RRP: $24
Full size.

Swatches of the One Stick on the left, and the lipgloss on the right.  

Paula's Choice Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum

Swoon! I've been dying to try Paula's Choice for a looooonngg time. I can't believe this was in the box, and it makes me incredibly happy. I know it's only a sample, but I'm still excited. Also, the packaging is next level. The pump pops up from the top when you twist it, it's pretty awesome.

I've used a retinol eye cream before, and it was one of the best products I've used. I truly can't wait to give this a go, and just have to wait for a break in my testing routine. I use a new product for two weeks before adding anything else, and I've just started using a new exfoliator so this won't be in the routine for a few weeks. I'm willing to wait for it though. (secretly stroking it and whispering "precious").

RRP: $52 (30ml)
Deluxe size (7ml): $12.13
_________________________________________________________________________________

Total value of the box: $113.61.

This box has a great value for money, and for someone who wears makeup then I'm sure it's an even better score. For myself, this month it isn't worth it, purely as the product won't be used by me (apart from the samples mainly). I am excited to have the Paula's Choice serum, but not enough about the rest of the products.

Lust Have It have really lifted their game in the last few months, producing boxes on time, and with great value for money. As always with subscription boxes it depends on personal preference, but I do think this is still a good box (albeit for someone else). On the plus side I"m able to regift some of the things I won't use, so that's a bonus.

What do you guys think about Lust Have It currently?

Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment