Saturday 12 September 2015

ReachMe Father's Day Pack 2015

Kia Ora!

ReachMe provide kids and family packs to families in New Zealand, and released a special Father's Day pack recently. I decided to grab one to unbox here, and then give the products to my Dad, or my SO.


There are still plenty of packs left if you wanted to grab one, simply go to this website and fill in the form. The packs are free, you just have to pay for shipping. The prices are :
Auckland - $ 17.95
Rural Auckland - $ 18.95
Rest of North Island - $ 20.00
Waiheke* - $ 22.95
South Island - $ 23.00
Rural South Island - $ 23.95
*The courier fee costs $5 on top of $17.95 for Waiheke delivery. Hence, the price.


 Let's get on with seeing what's in the pack!


It's a very heavy box, and filled to the brim!


On the top were a few vouchers. One was 15% off Clinic 42, and another for a free month of Fatso. The voucher code for that one is SUPERDAD. The last one is a voucher for free kids meal, but it expired on 31 August. Not the most useful voucher ever, even though I wouldn't have used it anyway.


Coffee! This is never a bad thing to receive in a box. These single use packets are quite useful for keeping in the cupboard, or in your desk at work. I know my Dad will appreciate these as he is a major addict. There are two packets, each with one Latte and one Cappuccino packet inside. There are also $1 off vouchers which will be quite handy!


Kit-Kats! Yum, I love chocolate, and can't think of anyone that wouldn't like to see it in this box! I'm especially excited to try out a new flavour. Needless to say, I'll be keeping these two for myself and not passing them on to my father (sorry Dad).


Some other things that I will be hoarding in my desk at work. An Up & Go (which I've always liked) and a couple of sample packets of Hubbards Muesli. These are great sizes for trying them out.


Two razors (which I'm informed are not cheap) are a great addition to this box. Hair never stops growing, so men - and women - will always need razors if they shave. Adding two to the box is a great idea, as it's handy to have a backup. These will go to my dad, but would be useful for anyone who bought the box.


Sample sizes (of decent size) are again always something useful to have. There are two bottles of Schick Clear Gel to go with the razors, and two bottles of L'Oreal Moisturiser for after shaving. I'm passing these on to my dad too.


Body Wash! This is useful for everyone, so a bottle would never go amiss. This has a very light grapefruit scent, and smells 'clean' more than anything else. I think it's a perfect choice for a Men's box. It's also $7 a bottle, so a bit of a splurge item to try out which is nice.


A sample of a Chux cloth - I honestly can't think of a use for this, but I guess if you have small children or grandchildren then there are plenty of uses after they have made a mess. 

The hairbrush is a decent one, with very strong bristles. It seems perfect for people who either a) brush their hair irregularly, or b) have curly hair that needs extra attention. Either way, probably an item men don't usually buy for themselves.


More food! Abe's Bagel Crisps have been around for awhile, and Marmite is a new flavour. I think this would find a good place in every Kiwi home. This might not make it to my dad either, as I don't think I can resist the temptations to try them out.


There was a magazine hiding in the bottom of the box. It's not something I'm interested in, and I don't know anyone currently renovating but it is a 'manly' magazine. It looks quite interesting none-the-less.


And the final product is a carry bag, which could easily be used as a lunch box, or carry bag for a concert/picnic/beach outing. It looks like good quality, and the design appealed to the male in my life so I assume it's a masculine appealing bag.

Overall, I think this is a great box. It is aimed at men, and this has been taken into account when it was curated. The beauty supplies are either directly for men, or have a neutral scent; the food is great for both men and women, so that was well done; and the other goodies work well in this box.

I paid $17.95 for the postage, and I truly think it was worth it. I'm keping some things for myself, but will pass on some of the others to my dad as a late Father's Day present. The razors, bag, and magazine are the bigger ticket items in the box, but nothing in here is sneer-worthy. These boxes are still available (although there may be small variations in items) if you're interested. This link will take you to the form to fill out, and a bank deposit is the payment method preferred.

Does anyone else like the look of this box?

Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment