Monday 2 March 2015

For the love of Memebox ...

Kia Ora!

As many of you will know, Memebox stopped shipping internationally as of the 10 February. This made me really sad, although I hadn't been that into their recent boxes anyway. I had a few points to use up, but abandoned them as I felt really betrayed by Memebox, and particularly disliked the way they had been ignoring international customers since their move to California last year. I'm pretty torn as to whether to blog the rest of the Memeboxes I have sitting at home, and that's why there haven't been any Meme unboxings this month.

All the nastiness aside, I received this box from a friend. She  has been obsessed with Memebox for a lot longer than I have, and kindly sent me a box of random products she didn't want, or hadn't gotten around to using. I'm really excited to see exactly what she has given me (and identifying what some of them are). Let's see if there are any double ups with what I've already accumulated.




Ooooh I had forgotten how exciting a mystery box was, and it has rejuvenated my love of subscription boxes!


????????????

I have no idea what this one is. I had to ask a girl at work to translate it for me so I can Google it. Most Memebox products have some English on them, enough for non-Korean speakers like myself. I am a little intrigued by the mystery though, so this isn't all bad.

My workmate directed me to a website that reviews it, but it's all in Korean. I'm going to assume this is a hydrating cream of some sort, and stick it into my rotation of creams. Mystery product is super mystery!


23 Years Old Face Mask DIY thing

I have found a similar product here, and I've sort of been aware of this mask before now. It seems a bit more fiddly than what I usually do, but I'm up for the challenge. I assume I apply the whole 'injection applicator' to the dry cotton mask, and then apply to my face. I'm excited to use this, but it's going to have to wait awhile as my face had an supremely bad reaction to something recently, and I've had to cut my entire routine down to basics for awhile. The horror!


i belivyu Sugar Scrub (Mint flavour?)

I've had these from Memebox before, and am ecstatic to have this as a back up. I've actuallyfinished up my lemon cubes, and was a bit distraught at the thought of not having any more. Now I don't have to worry, and can play with a slightly different flavour!


Chamos Acaci Matte Pore Primer

I've never tried a primer, and this one is supposed to be great for filling pores. It can be worn alone or under BB cream or foundation. It has salicylic acid in it, which is good for preventing and lessening blemishes. I'm really excited to give this one a go, even if my photography skills are awful! I found more info about this primer here.


New Girl Fast Scalp Hair Root Up Ampoule

I love that this has a spelling mistake. It was in the first Scrub box, another one I was devastated to miss out on. This cleans your scalp by getting rid of the buildup of dead skin cells. You apply before using shampoo and then rinse out both the shampoo and ampoule at the same time. It has green tea and salicylic acid. I love hair care items, so I'll give this a go at some point, perhaps in a few months when my brand new dye job is not so brand new.


Sua Young BB(?) Cream?

This looks to be from Memebox Global #14. It's a wee sample of foundation or BB cream or something. If it matches my skintone, then I'm excited to have this. If it doesn't then I'll pass it on to my sister-in-law as she is a bit darker than I am (i.e. not pale as a ghost). It's exciting to give new foundations and such a go so this is a neat addition to this box.

Lip cream (by I'm a bad blogger and forgot the brand name)

This is in a super intense colour, so I'll pass this along to a friend who will use it.


Kocostar Face Spot Mirror Patch

This was from Memebox Global #14. These patches are apparently to help with spots on the face, and have a wee mirror that flips out to help with application. These are really cool, and actually seem to work. I've used them recently during a massive breakout, and they took the pain out of some terrible blemishes, and generally reduced swelling and redness. I have no idea what makes them do this, but I'm stoked to have them and might need to invest in some more.

John Plunkett Super Wrinkle Cream

I had this in a Violet Box months ago, used it up, and loved it. I don't have dry skin, but I used this every night for a month or more and it was a really thick and moisturising cream. I'm really excited my friend included this, as I'm happy to have some more. I wouldn't go looking for it, but I am grateful to have a nice night cream again.




Brilliant Loveheart Sparkling Powder

Apparently this is carbonated and will bubble once added to water. This looks like the most hilarious, and useless thing Memebox ever sent out. I'm popping a picture under this paragraph of some instructions I found online. I'm so excited to try this one out. It sounds utterly ridiculous, and like it won't work at all. But I'm going to have fun trying it all the same!

 

All of my what?! It sounds very awkward to be dipping my face in and out of the solution, but I'll do it. For science. 

There is also a Youtube video found here. Enjoy!


a:t fox Tea Toc Water Clear Tablet

This was in the Tea box that I was devastated to miss out on. I'm really really really excited to see this one, and can't wait to try it out. You are supposed to dissolve this in water, and then bathe your face. I think this sounds a bit gimmicky, but I'm excited to give it a go.


Random cross tattoos! I probably won't use these myself, but I love the inclusion of them. I'll pass them on to my sister (who just started high school), and will love wearing these for no other reason than to annoy our mother.

Revecen 

This is a colour perfecting foundation thing. It is pretty much the only thing in this box that I'm not particularly excited about. I don't wear enough makeup to be able to apply foundation well, so playing with weird colours is really not my jam. I'll pass this on, but appreciate the thought in including it.


Makeup Helper Special Pore Care 2 Step System

This looks really funky, and unique. This sort of thing is what I loved about Memebox. This is apparently for when you are having a bad skin day. The red tubes are a heating mask, which can heat up to 10 degrees (not sure if Fahrenheit or Celsius - I hope not Celsius as that might be painful). This is to open pores and remove gunk. The second orange tube is for closing pores again, and lifting/tightening your skin. It sounds amazing, and I can't wait to try it out!

Well that was certainly exciting!! Thank you Sarah! I loved receiving this and exploring the internet to identify what they were, and I'll use most of the things you gave me.

Any comments, leave them below.

Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment